Marrakech Gioielli and Giovanni Raspini, Tuscan entrepreneurs, realize the “Tribute to Lucca”
Marco Barbacci, owner of Marrakech Gioielli, jewelry that is located in the beautiful “Piazza Anfiteatro”, a square in the center of Lucca, Tuscany; works with care from twenty-five years for his trusty customers and tourists of the beautiful Lucca.
During this time he learned to know every detail of this city, with love and respect. Having a store in this frame is a commitment and an honor.
As entrepreneur has always appreciated the City and the “made in Italy”, trying to bring them to the knowledge of even the foreign audience.
Thirteen years ago Marco Barbacci met Giovanni Raspini, a creative architect from Arezzo, collector of antique silverware, silversmith from long tradition, which has staked everything on the creation of high-quality silver jewelry.
“We are craftsmen and creative” – says Giovanni Raspini from the pages of its website – a concept on which he built his business in Tuscany, a company that has the philosophy of the artisan workshop, where each creation has a sketch in watercolor created by Master Raspini, which then passes in the capable hands of its sculptors for the “lost wax casting”: ancient technique originally used for the production of valuable objects, which allows very high definition of the jewel’s details.
Again from his website:
“Tuscany is synonymous with style and excellence in the world, thanks to a unique historical and cultural heritage.
That’s why we feel a great responsibility: every day our work compares with the works and the beauty that this land has produced over the centuries.“
A responsibility very well felt by Marco Barbacci, a feeling that has linked over the years these two entrepreneurs, whose bond was further strengthened thanks to the passion for the city of Lucca.
The willingness of both to believe in the great potential of this city has led to the opening of a new store in the historic building of an old tuscany family called “Thirty”, dating back to 1400, wich is located in the “living room Lucca” in Via Fillungo 94.
In this place Marco Barbacci continues its business philosophy, bringing in the shop windows, besides the beauty of Giovanni Raspini’s creations, the elegance of fresh flowers and the attention to detail, respecting the Lucchese trade tradition.
To confirm and emphasize this love for the city of Lucca, Giovanni Raspini and Marrakech Gioielli have decided to give a tribute: the 16th June 2016 they’ve presented to the Lucca’s citizens and international audience, a jewel in precious silver, limited edition, designed by the Master Raspini, wich has also the task of bringing to the world some important symbols of the city of Lucca. The event saw the participation of many fans of Lucca also on the Marrakech Gioielli’s Facebook page, on wich the event was broadcast live.
The prototype of this Tribute , drawn first in watercolor and then expertly forged in Giovanni Raspini’s workshop , It was donated to the city of Lucca in the hands of its mayor, Alessandro Tambellini. Another copy of this tribute was donated to the association “Lucchesi Nel Mondo”.
Born in Lucca , he was an Italian composer considered one of the greatest opera composers of music history.
Built of stone and brick , is one of the most representative and famous monuments of Lucca ; its main feature is the presence of some oaks on its top.
Mura di Lucca
They are the second largest example in Europe of walls built according to the principles of the star fort to have survived completely intact in a big city , date back to 1500 and is 4 km long and 223 meters.
It’s a sweet typical that can be found in all seasons . Originally it had the shape of a donut and was led by citizens on their tables as sweet Sunday bringing him entered by hand at the forearm , after attending Mass . Today is also in straight shape, more convenient to transport inside a bag.
Is a square in elliptical shape , was built in the Middle Ages on the ruins of the ancient Roman amphitheater (second century A.D. ) . It was the seat of the market in the nineteenth century , today is home to numerous businesses , from bars to restaurants to specialty stores or craft , including the first of Marrakech Gioielli shop.
It is the main street in the center of Lucca . The street , 700 meters long and 10 wide , within the walls , is one of the most representative symbols of the city , the center of tourism , commercial and craft of Lucca , including Marrakech Jewelry store at number 94. The Lucchesi are usually defined this place like the parlor of the city.
Ilaria del Carretto
The tomb of Ilaria del Carretto ‘s sculptural work by Jacopo della Quercia , dating from 1406-1408 and preserved in the Cathedral of St Martin in Lucca . The sarcophagus is made of marble ( except the stone base ) and is considered one of the finest examples of fifteenth century Italian funerary sculpture.
The Holy Face of Lucca is a wooden crucifix , which legend sets an image acheropita and that has been the focus of widespread veneration in Europe since the Middle Ages . It is currently housed in a centrally planned temple built by Matteo Civitali in 1484 , in the left aisle of the cathedral of San Martino in Lucca.